Here at Southampton Tuition Centre, looking after the personal data that you share with us is extremely important. We would like to share with you how we use your data to make your experience with your Southampton Tuition truly personal to you and, also to explain how we secure your personal data and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.
By visiting http://www.sotontuition.com, or becoming a member, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Data we may collect
Southampton Tuition Centre is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you register for our Services on our Websites, for example signing up for marketing emails or requesting to be contacted, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and name
When you enquire about tuition or enrol a student, you may provide us with:
- Your (or your child’s) personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and name.
- Your child’s personal educational needs.
- In some cases, we may also need to collect more sensitive personal data such as information concerning medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements, so as to be able to consider your particular needs in relation to enrolment.
- Depending on your method of communication, we may keep a recording of your email or telephone call
When you enrol a student for tuition, either as parent, guardian or payee, you may provide our Service Provider or us with:
- Your (and the student’s) personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and name
- An emergency contact’s personal details, including their name, postal address, email addresses, phone numbers and relationship
- Financial transaction information, including your debit or credit card information
- In some cases, we may also need to collect more sensitive personal data such as information concerning medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements, so as to be able to consider your particular needs in relation to an enrolment.
When you contact us, or we contact you to take part in any promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our services (for example, your name and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
- Any digital assets, such as images, videos, or emails you provide to us as part of those promotions
We may also use personal data from other sources such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our supplier partners and public registers. For example, this other personal data helps us to:
- review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
- improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
When you interact with us via our Social Accounts, we may collect:
- Social media content such as imagery, video content and feedback such as reviews and social interactions.
- For any content you submit, we may use, copy, modify, adapt, publish or incorporate such content into forms of marketing messaging and advertising for our social accounts, email marketing, print brochures, direct mail, and our website.
- We may also request personal data such as contact details and location in order to process enquiries through to our Travel Counsellors. This data will not be used for any other purpose.
We may also use personal data from social media sources such as Facebook advertising that supply information, cookie and third party data. For example, this type of personal social media data helps us to:
- Contribute to reviewing and improving the messaging and marketing we share on our social accounts such as analytical and reporting data.
- Improve and measure the delivery and effectiveness of our marketing communications across social media advertising.
When you use our website we use data tracking software (‘cookies’) which allow us to collect:
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites and Mobile Apps and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites)
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
How We Use Personal Data
We use personal data to effectively manage and improve the services we offer to you, including:
- Processing bookings, so that we can manage the provision of services and help with any bookings or refunds you may ask for;
- Improve our online services, including improving our Websites and our Mobile app (see Cookies & Technology section);
- Detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes, so that we can ensure you can safely use our services;
- Improvement and development of our products and suppliers, information technology systems and the way we communicate with you, including measuring the responses to certain products;
- Providing a specialised and personalised service to you to help us meet your needs as a customer, including providing you with marketing material that is relevant to your interests. This may include us measuring your responses to marketing communications;
- Contact and interaction with you, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you send to us, so that we can service your booking or query effectively as a customer
Sharing Personal Data
We may share the personal data we collect with other companies in the Southampton Tuition Centre, where it is necessary for the effective servicing of an enrolment or query.
We may share the personal data we collect with other Supplier Partners and Service Providers. We only share personal data that enable our Supplier Partners to provide their services. We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf, including for example, companies that help us with our technology services, storing and combining data, and processing payments. We only share personal data that enable our Service Providers to effectively provide their services. When we share personal data with these companies we require them store and process it securely, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
We may also need to share personal data with other organisations in certain circumstances:
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- organisations involved in the funding of your child’s services;
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or
- to any other successors in title to our business.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area “EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our Service Providers, such as airlines, hoteliers, insurance companies and ground handling agents so they can provide you the arrangements you require.
In order for you to travel overseas, we may be required to disclose certain of your personal data to government bodies or other authorities in the UK and in other countries, such as those responsible for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism. Even if it is not mandatory for us to provide information to such authorities, we may exercise our discretion to assist them where appropriate.
Protection of Personal Data
The protection and safe-guarding of your personal data is very important to us and we implement various security safeguards to protect your data, including:
- Encryption, such as the use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) where personal data is transferred over the internet.
- Regular reviews of our processes for collecting, storing and processing your personal data.
- Restricting access to your personal data to authorised users. This includes the use of physical security measures.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
We will send you relevant news and offers about our products and services in a number of ways, including by email and occasionally, personally by phone, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications or have engaged with us in a service provision way. When you register with us on our Websites or Mobile app, we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communications. When you engage with a member of our team, they will also ask you if you would like to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing choices over the phone or in writing to us at the centre at any time.
We may also wish to contact you about your views to help us improve our products and services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You can choose not to take part in our market research.
Cookies and Technology
Whilst the focus of the provision of our products and services is via personal communications from our Tutors direct to you, we support this relationship digitally via our Websites and Mobile app.
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
To find out how to turn cookies on or off, see how to manage cookies. Link https://sites.google.com/a/http://www.sotontuition.com/disclaimer/home/how-to-manage-cookies
Southampton Tuition Centre
18-19 Admiral House
Mountbatten Business Centre
Millbrook Road East
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at http://www.sotontuition.com, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice, Data Protection Policy and the Terms & Conditions will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
“I strongly recommend Jan without a second thought!”
“Thank you for the fantastic work you’ve done with Melany. We all feel she’s benefit a lot from the time you’ve spent together, both technically and gaining in confidence”
“Zain grow in confidence in his maths when he joined Southampton tuition centre. He’s mental maths used to amaze his maths teacher. He misses not coming in, now that he will be starting GCSEs soon I plan to bring him back to restart his tuition with Jan”